Application to Undergraduate Faculty Program
— APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2013
Deadline for submission of applications is January 31, 2013. Supplemental materials must be received in the PCMI office by February 4, 2013. Please plan accordingly. (Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the organizers.) Response may be expected in early April. Financial support is available. Applicants are invited to request financial support by checking the appropriate boxes on the application form.
PCMI uses mathprograms.org for its application process. Be sure to use the designated links on this page to apply to the program. Please follow the specific instructions below, using the designated links, to proceed with the application process.
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete application portfolios cannot be viewed by the selection committee. Please refer to the applicant User Documentation for help. You can also email us with your questions.
Applications are submitted and reviewed online (see below).
Be sure that you enter your email address correctly on the application form. After submission of your application, an account will automatically be created for you, and your account and login information will be emailed to you at the email address you provide. Supplemental information and material may be submitted after the application process by logging into your account.
- Provide one Letter of Recommendation (encouraged but OPTIONAL): On the application, you will enter information concerning your Reference Letter Writer. They will upload their letters of recommendation to your online application. Please read about this. If any of your references do not have access to a computer, they may also submit your letter of recommendation by mail or fax no later than February 4, 2013. (You would indicate this option on your application.) You can log into your application account to see if your letter(s) of recommendation have been received.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): All applicants must upload their CV to their online application. Your CV is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed by the selection committee.
NEW applicants without a current MathPrograms account: (Note: Skip to the next section if you are new to PCMI but have already submitted a MathPrograms cover sheet.)
- CLICK HERE to login to your existing account at MathPrograms, using the login credentials you received by email (either this year or last). Below the Login section header, click on the link “… as Program Applicant.”
- If you applied to PCMI last year and find that your account from last year has expired, follow the instructions in the section above for NEW applicants.
We recommend that you log in to your application account periodically until you are sure that the entire portfolio is complete (application form, CV, references, etc.). You may wish to bookmark the login page for that reason.
If you successfully submitted an application but did not receive an email with login credentials for your account, this is likely due to either -
- your email address was entered incorrectly on the cover sheet, thus misdirecting the response email message, or
- your email server sent mistakenly handled the email as spam (check your spam folder!) Click here to email PCMI to check on your account if you do not find the mathprograms.org response message in your spam folder.