- 2017 PCMI Summer Session General Information is now available - Click HERE for access.
- 2017 Information is available - Click HERE for more information
- PCMI Graduate Summer School Tentative Lecture Schedule Announced
- The research topic for 2017 is Random Matrices
The IAS/Park City Mathematics Program (PCMI) is an outreach program of the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS). Held in Park City, Utah, PCMI is an intensive three-week residential conference that includes several parallel sets of activities aimed at different groups of participants across the entire mathematics community. These activities include:
- workshop for mathematics researchers
- short courses for graduate students
- lecture series for undergraduate students
- undergraduate faculty program
- faculty workshop on increasing minority participation in undergraduate mathematics
- K-12 school teachers professional development and leadership program
- international seminar on mathematics education around the world
At the annual Summer Session, all of PCMI's programs meet simultaneously, pursuing individual courses of study designed to enrich participants in mathematical topics appropriate for their level, and participating in cross-program activities based on the principle that each group has something important to teach and to learn from the others. The rich mathematical experience combined with interaction among groups with different backgrounds and professional needs increases each participant's appreciation of the mathematical community as a whole and results in an increased understanding and awareness of the issues confronting mathematics and mathematics education today.