PCMI Workshop for Mentors of Undergraduate Mathematics Research by Minority Students
July 5 - 11, 2015 ~ Park City, Utah
The IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute (PCMI) is holding a one-week workshop designed to guide and develop faculty mentors of minority students who will offer REU programs primarily for these students.
Lead by faculty who have widespread experience with mentoring undergraduates, the workshop is designed to be a resource that will help participants:
(1) construct or select exciting research problems suitable for students,
(2) transform students into confident speakers and writers of mathematics,
(3) acquire group building skills and so create communities of scholars,
(4) design and/or augment curricula for academic year and/or summer research,
(5) build the support necessary to sustain these activities.
Participants will benefit from seeing these activities played out in real time via their constructive engagement with students and faculty in the rich environment of the PCMI Summer Session.
Click HERE to apply to the Workshop for Mentors of Undergraduate Mathematics Research by Minority Students.
This workshop is funded through an award from the National Science Foundation.