— APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2016
- Is this program right for you?
- The application procedure; prerequisites & requirements
- You’re ready to apply
Some mobility between the Research in Mathematics and Graduate Summer School programs is expected and encouraged, but interested candidates should read the guidelines carefully and apply to the one program best suited to their field of study and experience. Postdoctoral scholars who are working in all fields of mathematics and applied mathematics, including theoretical areas of computer science, statistics, and machine learning, should primarily consider applying to the Research Program in Mathematics, not to the Graduate Summer School.
Graduate students who are beyond their basic courses and recent PhDs in all fields of mathematics are encouraged to apply to the Graduate Summer School. Funding will go primarily to graduate students. Postdoctoral scholars may also apply, but should be within four years of receipt of their PhD.
Deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2016. Supplemental materials (such as Reference Letters) must be received in the PCMI office by January 22, 2016. Please plan accordingly. (Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the organizers.) Response may be expected in early April. Financial support is available. Applicants are invited to request financial support by checking the appropriate boxes on the application form..
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – Information & Requirements
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete application portfolios cannot be viewed by the selection committee. You can email us with your questions.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed online (see below).
Be sure that you enter your email address correctly on the application form. After submission of your application, an account will automatically be created for you, and your account and login information will be emailed to you at the email address you provide. Supplemental information and material may be submitted after the application process by logging into your account.
- Provide ONE Letter of Recommendation (REQUIRED): On the application, you will enter information concerning your Reference Letter Writer. They will upload their letters of recommendation to your online application. If any of your references do not have access to a computer, they may also submit your letter of recommendation by mail or fax no later than January 22, 2016. The letter of recommendation is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): . All applicants must upload their CV to their online application. Your CV is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Provide your Abstracts and/or Reference Pages for your Preprint (OPTIONAL): Abstracts and reference pages can be uploaded during the online application process.
YOU’RE READY TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM …
You may EMAIL US with your questions.
If you successfully submitted an application but did not receive a confirmation email, this is likely due to either -
- your email address was entered incorrectly on the cover sheet, thus misdirecting the response email message, or
- your email server sent mistakenly handled the email as spam (check your spam folder!) Click here to email PCMI to check on your account if you do not find the email response message in your spam folder.