— APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2017
Thank you for your interest in applying for the IAS/Teacher Leadership Program at the Park City Mathematics Institute (PCMI). The TLP is for school teachers who specialize in mathematics for grades 2–12. All teachers interested in participating in the Summer Session, including those who have participated in the past, must apply for admission.
PCMI is using the web service MathPrograms.Org to receive and review applications for the 2017 PCMI Summer Session. See below for the link to the TLP application at MathPrograms.Org. The application deadline is January 15, 2017. Supplemental materials (such as reference letters or your CV) must be received by January 22, 2017. You will receive a decision by March 15. (Late applications may be considered at the discretion of the program organizers, but may receive lower priority for acceptance.)
Teachers who are accepted to the Teacher Leadership Program receive funding from PCMI for registration fee/meals (14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 4 dinners), a modest meal allowance for meals not provided by PCMI, and shared lodging throughout the program. TLP participants who are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident receive a stipend for their full participation in the TLP (stipend amount to be determined; the TLP stipend in 2016 was $500). TLP participants are responsible for their own expenses for travel to PCMI.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – Information & Requirements
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete application portfolios cannot be viewed by the selection committee. You can email us with your questions.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed online using the web service MathPrograms.Org. Be sure that you use only the link below to apply. If you do not have an account at MathPrograms.org, you will login by filling in your email address and chosen password and the checkbox “this is my first login.” If you have a MathPrograms.Org account but are using a new email address, there is no need to create a new account; just login using the old email, and switch to the new email. Your login will take you to your My Portfolio page, where all of your application materials are stored.
- Your first step is to complete a Standard Coversheet for MathPrograms.Org. After you have created a Standard Coversheet you can then apply to the Teacher Leadership Program at PCMI. Your Standard Coversheet also should include the name/s and email address/es of your reference writer/s. One letter of reference is REQUIRED (see below); you may submit up to two references in support of your application. You are advised to let your reference writers know about your request so they won't delete the email reference request as spam.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): Applicants must upload their CV to their online application. Your CV is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Provide Reference Letter/s (REQUIRED) based on requirements below. On the application, fill in the checkbox for your reference writer/s from the name/s you entered on your Standard Coversheet, then click on the green arrow next to the reference writer’s name so the writer will receive your reference request by email. When notified, your writers will then receive login info and upload instructions to come to the MathPrograms.org site to upload their letters. If any of your references do not have access to a computer, they may submit the reference letter by mail or fax no later than January 22, 2017. The reference letter/s is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
NEW applicants to PCMI:
You must submit two (2) reference letters. (1) One letter from an administrator in your school district. (2) The second letter from someone who has knowledge of your qualifications to participate in the Teacher Leadership Program. Note: If you are being sponsored by a group, educational institution, or organization, one of your letters should come from the sponsor.
RETURNING applicants to PCMI:
You must submit one (1) reference letter. It should be submitted by a school administrator or someone with knowledge of your qualifications to take part in the Teacher Leadership Program.
5. Rank your three preferences for Working Group Participation.
As part of their summer activities, each participant selected for the Teacher Leadership Program will be assigned to a small team that will focus on an activity related to implementing high standards in mathematics classrooms or to one of two special working groups (see description of Working Groups here). These teams will be formed with respect to content and grade level preferences. As part of the application process, please rank your three choices for working group preference. Accepted participants will take part in a discussion of possible topics prior to the Summer Session. Note that if you do not make three distinct choices on your application, your Working Group assignment will be made for you by the program directors.
YOU’RE READY TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM …
- Do not apply before reading the information & requirements above.
- Be sure to have the names and email address(es) of your reference(s) ready.
- Then CLICK HERE to begin your application process.
We recommend that you log in to your MathPrograms.Org account periodically and check your Status screen to make sure your application is complete or to update it (for example, to add your CV or to send an email request to a reference writer). You may wish to bookmark the login page for that reason.
If you completed a Standard Coversheet and submitted an application for PCMI 2017 but did not receive a confirmation email, this is likely due to either
- Your email address was entered incorrectly on the Standard Coversheet, thus misdirecting the confirmation email message, or
- Your email server mistakenly handled the confirmation email as spam (check your spam folder!). If possible, add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your addressbook or whitelist to avoid the problem.
Questions? Problems? EMAIL PCMI staff and we will try to help.