— APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2018
- Is this program right for you? Program description and applicant criteria.
- Application procedure. Guidelines & Requirements.
- You’re ready to apply. Link to TLP application.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Teacher Leadership Program (TLP) at the IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute (PCMI). The TLP is a professional development program best-suited for school teachers who specialize in mathematics for grades 5–12. Elementary teachers may apply but should be aware of the emphasis on mathematics in the program. Applicants to the TLP must spend at least 50% of their time as classroom teachers. Priority is given to applicants with at least three years of classroom teaching experience. All teachers interested in participating in the 2018 Summer Session must apply for admission, including those who have attended the TLP in the past.
PCMI is using the web service MathPrograms.Org to receive and review applications for the 2018 PCMI Summer Session. See below for the link to the TLP application at MathPrograms.Org. The application deadline is January 15, 2018. Supplemental materials (such as reference letters or your CV) must be received by January 15, 2018. (Late applications may be considered at the discretion of the program organizers, but may receive lower priority for acceptance.) You will receive a decision by March 15. Financial support is available—see the Financial Support section of the application.
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee. You can email us with your questions.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed online using the web service MathPrograms.Org. Be sure that you use only the link below to apply. If you do not have an account at MathPrograms.org, you will login by filling in your email address and chosen password and the checkbox “this is my first login.” If you have a MathPrograms.Org account but are using a new email address, there is no need to create a new account; just login using the old email, and switch to the new email. Your login will take you to your My Portfolio page, where all of your application materials are stored.
- Your first step is to complete a Standard Coversheet for MathPrograms.Org. After you have created a Standard Coversheet you can then apply to the Teacher Leadership Program at PCMI. Your Standard Coversheet also should include the name/s and email address/es of your reference writer/s. New applicants are required to submit two reference letters; returning applicants are required to submit one reference letter (see below). You are advised to let your reference writers know about your request so they won't delete the email reference request as spam.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): Applicants must upload their CV to their online application. Your CV is necessary for your application portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Provide Reference Letter/s (REQUIRED) based on requirements below. On the application, fill in the checkbox for your reference writer/s from the name/s you entered on your Standard Coversheet, then click on the green arrow next to the reference writer’s name so the writer will receive your reference request by email. When notified, your writers will then receive login info and upload instructions to come to the MathPrograms.org site to upload their letters. If any of your reference writers do not have access to a computer, they may submit the reference letter by mail or fax no later than January 15, 2018. The reference letter/s is necessary for your portfolio to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
NEW applicants to PCMI:
You must submit two (2) reference letters. (1) One letter from an administrator in your school district. (2) The second letter from someone who has knowledge of your qualifications to participate in the Teacher Leadership Program. Note: If your registration fee is being sponsored by an educational institution, group, or organization, one of your letters should come from a representative of the sponsor.
RETURNING applicants to PCMI:
You must submit one (1) reference letter. It should be submitted by a school administrator or someone with knowledge of your qualifications to take part in the Teacher Leadership Program.
5. Rank your three preferences for Working Group Participation.
As part of their summer activities, each participant selected for the Teacher Leadership Program will be assigned to a small team that will focus on an activity related to implementing high standards in mathematics classrooms or to a special working group (see description of Working Groups here). These teams will be formed after discussion and input from participants. As part of the application process, please rank your three choices for Working Group preference. Note that if you do not make three distinct choices on your application, your Working Group assignment will be made for you by the program directors.
YOU’RE READY TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM …
- Do not apply before reading the Guidelines & Requirements above.
- Be sure to have the names and email address(es) of your reference(s) ready.
- Be sure to review the description of TLP Working Groups so that you can rank your three preferences for Working Group participation on the application.
- Then CLICK HERE to begin your application process.
We recommend that you log in to your MathPrograms.Org account periodically and check your Status screen to make sure your application is complete or to update it (for example, to add your CV or to send an email request to a reference writer). You may wish to bookmark the login page for that reason.
If you completed a Standard Coversheet and submitted an application for PCMI 2018 but did not receive a confirmation email, this is likely due to either
- Your email address was entered incorrectly on the Standard Coversheet; or
- Your email server mistakenly handled the confirmation email as spam (check your spam folder). If possible, add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book or whitelist to avoid the problem.
Questions? Problems? EMAIL PCMI staff and we will try to help.