— APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2017
Mathematical training is more important today than ever before and mathematics departments should be playing a central role in increasing the mathematical content of students’ undergraduate curriculum. The demographics of the country are changing and it is important to reach out to traditionally underrepresented groups in the mathematical sciences. This workshop will explore issues related to the experiences and participation of women and minority students in the mathematical enterprise and provide faculty with tools to increase the number and diversity of mathematics majors at their institutions. All faculty who are interested in these issues are encouraged to apply.
Faculty who are accepted to the Workshop on Increasing Minority Participation in Undergraduate Mathematics (WMP) receive full funding from PCMI, including registration fee/meals, lodging, and travel allowance. WMP participants who are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident receive a stipend of $500. (Due to National Science Foundation rules, WMP participants must meet one of these criteria to be eligible for a stipend.)
PCMI is using the web service MathPrograms.Org to receive and review applications for the 2017 PCMI Summer Session. See below for the link to the WMP application at MathPrograms.Org. Deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2017. Supplemental materials must be received by PCMI by the application deadline—incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee. You will receive a decision by March 15. (Late applications may be considered at the discretion of the program organizers, but may receive lower priority for acceptance.)
Be sure to read the guidelines and requirements before accessing and completing the online application. Incomplete application portfolios cannot be viewed by the selection committee. You can email us with your questions.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed online using the web service MathPrograms.Org. Be sure that you use only the link below to apply. If you do not have an account at MathPrograms.Org, you will login by filling in your email address and chosen password and the checkbox “this is my first login.” If you have a MathPrograms.Org account but are using a new email address, there is no need to create a new account; just login using the old email, and switch to the new email. Your login will take you to your My Portfolio page, where all of your application materials are stored.
- Your first step is to complete a Standard Coversheet for MathPrograms.Org. After you have created a Standard Coversheet you can then apply to the PCMI Workshop on Increasing Minority Participation in Undergraduate Mathematics.
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae/Resume (REQUIRED): Upload your curriculum vitae to your portfolio when you create your Standard Coversheet so it will be available to include with your application. Your CV is necessary for your application to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
We recommend that you log in to your MathPrograms.Org account periodically and check your Status screen to make sure your application is complete or to update it (for example, to update your CV). You may wish to bookmark the login page for that reason.
If you completed a Standard Coversheet and submitted an application for PCMI 2017 but did not receive a confirmation email, this is likely due to either
- Your email address was entered incorrectly on the Standard Coversheet, thus misdirecting the confirmation email message, or
- Your email server mistakenly handled the confirmation email as spam (check your spam folder!). If possible, add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your addressbook or whitelist to avoid the problem.
Questions? Problems? EMAIL PCMI staff and we will try to help.